Learner Support and Resources
PLEASE NOTE: ** indicates information that is essential to the design of all online courses.
A. Information about being an online learner and support services. These resources are available as single introductory module specifically designed to be linked from the Blackboard course site.
- Link to general student services and resources (Student Life)**
- Link to resources on conducting online research (Library Research Help)**
- Link to resources on academic support (Academic Success Centre)**
- Link to writing centre/other learner support (Writing Centres)**
- Link to information on accessibility (Accessibility Services)**
- Contact information for Technical Support/Blackboard Support (Portal Info)**
B. Course specific resources
- Contact information for the instructor and TA if applicable.**
- Guidelines for student-instructor interactions (i.e. channels for different types of questions and timelines for response)**
- Contact information for academic department or registrar.**
- Information on access to any accompanying texts or materials not available on the course web site.**
- For fully online courses an introductory email is sent to your students providing them information on how to access your course.**
C. Resources supporting course content
- Link(s) to web sites with supporting information, links to organizations or associations relevant to course content.
- Glossary of terms or links to definitions of new vocabulary
- Link to UTL Library resources (Blackboard Library Folder) or Lib Guide if applicable**