Facilitator: Maryam Shafiei, Faculty Liaison, Technology
Blackboard Collaborate is a new web conferencing tool in the University of Toronto’s Learning Portal and is available to all Blackboard Courses and Organizations. Blackboard Collaborate provides the ability to conduct live classes or meetings online with synchronous video and audio. Presenters can share presentations, software applications, multimedia, and files. Numerous activities using polls, quizzes and other tools can be easily conducted in real time.
This two-hour, hands-on session has been developed for instructors, teaching assistants and course administrators who are looking to get a detailed overview of using Blackboard Collaborate.
This two-hour interactive session will cover the following:
• Creating and scheduling Collaborate sessions through the Learning Portal
• Understanding Collaborate as a Moderator and as a Participant
• Sharing presentations and applications with Participants
• Conducting polls and other interactive activities
• Effectively managing a Collaborate session
Prerequisite: Attended Getting Started: Building Your Portal Course workshop; confident use of Internet browsers.