Celebrating Teaching Excellence
Celebrating CTSI’s 10th anniversary with a countdown of teaching and learning initiatives and partnerships at U of T.
CTSI engages with the broader University community to increase awareness of and celebrate various internal, national and international teaching awards. CTSI provides support for faculty members and divisions preparing submission packages, including teaching dossier and course evaluation consultations, maintains an online database of U of T teaching award recipients, collaborates with U of T’s Teaching Academy members, works closely with U of T’s Teaching Fellows, and administers the Teaching Excellence Awards for Teaching Assistants and graduate student Course Instructors.
- CTSI provides administrative support for the institution-wide President’s Teaching Award (PTA) through the submission process and CTSI’s Director sits on the adjudication community. Members of the U of T Teaching Academy (PTA recipients) work in an advisory capacity for CTSI and regularly contribute to CTSI programming and projects.
- The University of Toronto Teaching Fellowship program supports emerging pedagogical leadership in the Teaching Stream. Teaching Fellows work closely with CTSI and the Office of the Vice-Provost, Innovations in Undergraduate Education. They have regular access to mentoring and support by CTSI staff and contribute to CTSI activities. Their two-year teaching and learning projects focus on planning and design, and implementation and assessment of program (curriculum-level) review or renewal or course renewal or development.
- CTSI’s Overview of Major Internal and External Awards Processes provides guidance for departments and divisions interested in nominating a faculty member for a teaching award, including important dates and contacts.
- The Teaching Assistants’ Training Program and CTSI administer institution-wide Teaching Excellence Awards for TAs and graduate student Course Instructors. The 2019 recipients have just been announced!
- CTSI maintains a database of U of T teaching award recipients – like the Early Career Teaching Awards and the Faculty of Arts and Science Outstanding Teaching Awards and Superior Teaching Awards – and some external awards like the Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Association Teaching Awards and the 3M National Teaching Fellows.
- If your department or division has an award not listed (or updates are needed), please let us know!
Contact the Centre for Teaching Support & Innovation for assistance in preparing nomination packages for the OCUFA award or 3M National Teaching Fellowship or for advice and feedback regarding other award files. For more information, please contact Megan Burnett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-946-8585, or submit a consultation request via our online consultation request form.