Course Design for Online
The CTSI Course Design for Online (CDO) series will introduce the principles of integrated course design and effective online pedagogy to instructors who are developing a new course or revising an existing course to suit an online environment.
In this self-paced, asynchronous mode the material is presented over six modules which model strong online pedagogy. You will learn about effective practices in online learning, and experience what it is like to be a student in that environment.
As you work through the course design process, you will leave this course with the framework and tools for a newly developed or redesigned online course.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Design a conceptual framework for the organization of your course that features asynchronous and/or synchronous elements
- Assess effective course learning outcomes for your course.
- Implement principles of effective assessment design
- Prepare appropriate asynchronous and synchronous Quercus and Academic Toolbox tools that support pedagogical intentions and active learning
- Develop and plan effective and inclusive synchronous webinars
- Identify resources that can support you building your course
- Construct a supportive course culture in an online environment
To enroll in the course, please go to https://q.utoronto.ca/enroll/M4AKTT and select the Enroll in Course button.
If you have any questions about the CDO, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.