A CTSI staff member will reply to your consultation request within 2-3 business days.
We offer support in the following areas:
- Teaching dossier review (CTSI dossier consultations are available to instructors with continuing appointments who are preparing for an interim or probationary review, tenure or continuing status review, or promotion)
- Please note that instructors at UTM and UTSC can also receive dossier support through their campus teaching centres.
- Teaching strategies
- Interpreting course evaluation data
- Course design, development and review
- Working with graduate students and teaching assistants
- Using educational technology in the classroom
- Online learning
- Teaching award nominations
- Research on pedagogical topics (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, or SoTL)
CTSI Consultation Resources
Depending on the nature of your request, you may find one or more of the following links useful or as preparation for your meeting.
For Teaching Dossier reviews or questions:
- U of T Provostial Guidelines for Tenure and Promotion
- U of T Divisional Guidelines for the Evaluation of Teaching
- CTSI’s Dossier Guide
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Other common requests:
- Peer Observation of Teaching: Effective Practices
- Academic technology support, including Quercus
- Course design
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- University of Toronto’s Course Evaluation Framework
CTSI Teaching Feedback Services
The Centre for Teaching Support & Innovation (CTSI) offers services that provide instructors with formative feedback on different aspects of their teaching.
Questions about Quercus?
Do you have a question about using Quercus, U of T’s learning management system, or an educational technology tool?