In light of the University’s recommendations concerning COVID-19 and the need to maintain social distancing, ALL CONSULTATIONS with CTSI staff will now be conducted VIRTUALLY. This will be in effect as of March 17, 2020 until April 30, 2020.
Please complete the appropriate online consultation request form (list below) and indicate your preference for connecting – Skype, Microsoft Teams or phone – in the Description of Request comment box. A CTSI staff member will follow up to provide more information and triage your request to the appropriate CTSI staff member.
Please note that in the last half of March in particular we expect to be extremely busy – your patience is greatly appreciated. Requests for consultations around academic continuity and educational technology will be prioritized.
FOR ALL SUPPORT AROUND ACADEMIC CONTINUITY, PLEASE REFER TO THE CTSI CONTINUITY PLANNING WEB PAGE.
We Offer Support in the Following Areas:
- Teaching dossier review (CTSI consultations are available to instructors with continuing appointments who are preparing for an interim or probationary review, tenure or continuing status review, or promotion)
- Teaching strategies
- Interpreting course evaluation data
- Course design, development and review
- Working with graduate students and teaching assistants
- Using educational technology in the classroom
- Online learning
- Teaching award nominations
- Research on pedagogical topics (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, or SoTL)
We are more than happy to discuss any teaching related questions you may have. If you have questions or concerns about a topic not listed here, please provide details in the form. A CTSI staff member will contact you within 2 business days.
Please note: CTSI is unable to provide teaching dossier consultations to instructors seeking employment.
NB: While CTSI will make every effort to schedule your consultation at the earliest convenience, we do ask that requests are made with 10-14 days notice. If you are requesting a review of a teaching dossier, please note that we will need AN ADDITIONAL 7-10 days to review the DOSSIER and prepare comments.