Until further notice, due to ongoing physical distancing requirements, CTSI staff are continuing to work remotely and the CTSI office in Robarts Library remains closed. CTSI is, however, fully operational. Due to public health requirements related to COVID-19 and the need for physical distancing, all CTSI consultations will be conducted virtually until further notice. Microsoft Teams is the primary meeting platform for CTSI consultations. However, we are also available to arrange a phone meeting. You may indicate this preference in the Description of Request comment box on the relevant online consultation request form. (See links to forms below.)
Please note: due to intense demand for our services at this time, there may be a delay in coordinating your consultation, and it may not be possible to accommodate your preferred meeting time. Until further notice, requests for consultations around academic continuity and educational technology will be prioritized. Teaching dossier consultations will continue to be accepted, with sufficient notice (please see the dossier consultation form for more information).
FOR ALL SUPPORT AROUND ACADEMIC CONTINUITY, PLEASE REFER TO THE CTSI CONTINUITY PLANNING WEB PAGE.
We Offer Support in the Following Areas:
- Teaching dossier review (CTSI consultations are available to instructors with continuing appointments who are preparing for an interim or probationary review, tenure or continuing status review, or promotion)
- Teaching strategies
- Interpreting course evaluation data
- Course design, development and review
- Working with graduate students and teaching assistants
- Using educational technology in the classroom
- Online learning
- Teaching award nominations
- Research on pedagogical topics (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, or SoTL)
We are more than happy to discuss any teaching related questions you may have. If you have questions or concerns about a topic not listed here, please provide details in the form. A CTSI staff member will contact you within 2 business days.
Please note: CTSI is unable to provide teaching dossier consultations to instructors seeking employment.
NB: While CTSI will make every effort to schedule your consultation at the earliest convenience, we do ask that requests are made with 10-14 days notice. If you are requesting a review of a teaching dossier, please note that we will need AN ADDITIONAL 7-10 days to review the DOSSIER and prepare comments.